Here at Hopewell Roofing, we pride ourselves on doing things right, whether we’re fixing a roof, doing a chimney cap installation or cooking up a batch of jalapeño poppers for the next Super Bowl.
Seriously, though, we know how important it is to get the job done well, the first time. Otherwise, you’ll just have to call us again in a year or two when you find water damage. Or mold. Or a swarm of bats that may or may not coalesce into Dracula. And that, we can agree, would be a bummer.
So what exactly does proper chimney cap installation consist of? Well, let’s talk about that.
Dangers of a Crummy Chimney Cap
A chimney cap might seem like the kind of roofing accouterment you can deal with easily. Why not install it yourself, or give Bob from the office a few bucks to do it one weekend? He seems to know what he’s talking about, after all. That, however, is a bad idea. When your chimney cap is poorly attached, faulty or cheap, you can suffer a range of negative outcomes, including:
- Water damage to bricks, mortar or other structures
- Moisture that travels from the chimney itself into the surrounding roofs
- Mold, which often causes health problems in people young and old
- Rusting of other structures
- Pest infestations
- Buildup of debris such as twigs, dirt, and leaves
- Dripping inside your chimney, dampening your hearth and fires
- Embers that fly up onto your roof, a fire hazard
- Animals that set up shop inside your chimney (looking at you, squirrels)
- … and other not-so-pleasant effects. If you want to avoid that, it’s important to get the right help.
The Cap You Need, The Professionals You Can Trust
So what’s the real difference between a licensed and insured chimney professional and Bob from the office? Simply this: We know exactly what we’re doing, no instructions needed. The chimney represents a hole in your roof, and a chimney cap will effectively seal it up, but only if you choose the right one. We’ll help you there so that you get the peace of mind you deserve without lifting a finger.
Call Hopewell Roofing for Chimney Cap Installation
It’s time to tell that chimney who’s boss, un-invite the squirrels from the area, and keep mold and pests away! You need pro help from our team at Hopewell Roofing & Restoration. We’ll come out and take a look, then advise you on the right course of action for your chimney. The proactive approach is to cap before you suffer the consequences and have to pay way more to get a fix.
Would you like to learn more about our chimney cap installation services, other roofing specialties or Super Bowl recipes? We’d love to tell you more. Give us a call at 678.771.5372 today to ask questions or make an appointment for your chimney cap replacement. We’re here for you and your chimney, so don’t wait to get in touch.