Ridge vents are a simple but extremely effective way of improving attic ventilation and protecting your roof from the moisture and heat that can build up inside the structure. Although most new houses are built with ridge vents on the roof, many homeowners are unaware of their importance. In places with hotter weather, such as the southern states, this ventilation is even more critical!
What Do Ridge Vents Do to Improve Attic Ventilation?
Ridge vents bring both immediate and long-term benefits, which can save a homeowner a great deal of stress. You’ll also avoid a number of unwanted expenses down the line. These vents remove the excess heat and moisture found in the home, which could otherwise cause early deterioration of your roofing materials.
The roof itself could rot if exposed to these conditions for a prolonged period of time, and too much moisture can also result in the growth of harmful mold and mildew. Ridge vents eliminate the conditions that allow these setbacks to surface by maximizing your attic ventilation.
What Features Do Ridge Vents Bring to the Table?
- Ridge vents protect items in the attic from damage related to mildew.
- Improved energy efficiency is possible through better ventilation, as this may reduce heating or cooling costs.
- The ridge vents design features durable, high-impact polymers.
- The vents blend in perfectly with nearby roof components for an attractive, streamlined look.
Why Should Homeowners Consider Ridge Vents?
If your house doesn’t have roof ridge vents, the outside air that enters the attic has nowhere to go. Without an escape route, the trapped air can cause premature aging to your roof, in addition to damaged paint and mold. Everyday occurrences, like taking a shower or using a dishwasher can release additional moisture inside the house, and homes with ridge vents are capable of expelling this moisture before it can become a problem.
Choose Hopewell’s Team for Superior Attic Ventilation Results
At Hopewell Roofing & Restoration, our vents have been put to the test, keeping rain out even in 110 miles per hour wind! The Cobra® Rigid Vent 3™ exhaust vent we install is an integral part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and we back it with a warranty that takes all the uncertainty out of the equation.
Your roof is too important to entrust to just anyone — put your faith in a GAF-certified Master Elite Roofing Contractor. Give our professional team at Hopewell Roofing & Restoration a call today to schedule a consultation or to learn more about the benefits of ridge vents.
Why We Use Cobra Rigid Vent 3™
- Removes excess heat and moisture to protect your roof from premature deterioration.
- Prevents roof rot in your attic or roof deck.
- Minimizes peeling and extend the life of exterior and interior paint.
- Limits the growth of harmful mold.
- Safeguards your attic possessions against mildew damage.
- Guards against ice damming in harsh winter climates.
- Vents Your Attic: Allows heat and condensation to escape at the most effective location — the ridge.
- Looks Terrific: Shingle-over design blends into your ridge line.
- Watertight: Passes the 110 mph wind-driven rain test.
- Insect Guard: Specially designed louver spacing helps keep insects out.
- Energy Efficient: May even reduce your utility bills!.
- Durable: Designed with high-impact polymers.
- Peace Of Mind: Up to a Lifetime ltd. warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.